Nia

Nia

~ Happy reading ~

Day 5 - A book that makes you happy

Alanna: The First Adventure (Song of the Lioness #1) - Tamora Pierce Das Lied der Löwin (Song of the Lioness, #1-4) - Tamora Pierce

Alanna: The First Adventure by Tamora Pierce

There are a lot of books that make me happy. But if I'm in a reading slumb or in need of a light read, I choose Tamora Pierce's Song of the Lioness series. They are fun, with a great heroine, the most gorgeous cat ever and some really cool magic. The first time I have read these books at the age of eleven or twelve (borrowed from my hometowns' library). For years I've borrowed them regularly. About fifteen years later I've found all four books published in two hardcovers. Since then I can become a happy reader every time I want or need^^.

A new and really lovely German version has been published this year (paperback, all four books in one). Please have a look at this wonderful cover (the right one above). I bought it for my little daugther although she is much to young for Alanna's story. But she will grow up and the book will wait. Maybe I should by the English edition as an ebook? You can't have enough books around making one happy^^.