Nia

Nia

~ Happy reading ~

Day 6 - A book that makes you sad

The Diary of a Young Girl - B.M. Mooyaart, Eleanor Roosevelt, Anne Frank Delirium - Lauren Oliver

The Diary Of A Young Girl by Anne Frank

I'm a fiction loving person but one can't deny the own country's history. So I've read many real experiences and also fiction stories about Nazi Deutschland. It's always dark and sad although there are stories about heros and heroines, even among the Germans. Anne Frank is such a heroine for me. She didn't save anyone as for example Irena Sendler or Oskar Schindler, she made no resistance like Sophie and Hans Scholl or even more famous Claus von Stauffenberg. But she didn't abandon herself to despair while she had been locked in a rear building. Instead she wrote a journal which showed all emotions such a hard time could bring. I really adore this brave girl. Her diary makes me really sad. If she would have lived two and a half month longer or the Allies have been faster, she would had survived. And so many, many more...

Delirium by Lauren Oliver

It's not the book which makes me sad about this one. It's the idea of a world without love or rather where love is the worst disease of all - even before cancer or Alzheimer's. What a horrible and sad world that would be. You live to see such a world in Delirium and just the glimpse of it shakes me to the core. With love as amor deliria nervosa there are no sympathy, no joy only blunt- and numbness. I'm so glad the world of Delirium isn't real.

Nonetheless I really liked the idea and the way people's perspective (in this case Lena's) of the world change because they are in love. And (to quote one of the famoust books of all time) love never ends.