Nia

~ Happy reading ~

Day 7 - A book that makes you laugh

Tales of the City  - Armistead Maupin I'm a Stranger Here Myself - Bill Bryson

Tales of the City by Armstead Maupin

Ahhh, the Tales of the City. What a wounderful bunch of books. I love them all, but first, second and third are the best. If you haven't read them and want something fun, please read these books. You're going to meet a crazy house sharing community. You will read a comical story and fall head over heels in love with San Francisco of the late 1970ies, 1980ies and early 1990ies. You'll meat gay people, lesbian people, straight people, media turnips, potheads, prostitutes, rich weirdos and of course some puritans. I'm sure you are going to make some friends on Barbary Lane. I envy you, if you could read Tales of the City (and the whole series) for the first time^^.

I'm a Stranger Here Myself by Bill Bryson

This is one of the funniest books I've ever read. You are shaking with laughter while reading it. I don't know, if everything Mr. Bryson describes is as bizarre as it sounds. Whatever. The writing style and demonstration of differences between UK and US are awesome. The best parts are Mr. Bryson combating with appliances (for example the rubbish chute) and other technics. It's my favourite book out of all Brysons.