Nia

Nia

~ Happy reading ~

Day 18 - A book that disappointed you

Inheritance (The Inheritance Cycle) - Christopher Paolini Allegiant  - Veronica Roth Requiem - Lauren Oliver

What is it with the last one in a series? I asked myself more than I wish for recently.

Inheritance by Christopher Paolini

You know I love dragons. Of course I've read these books. They weren't the best ever but bearable. Until this one. Man, I was bored during my read (the German edition is nearly 1.000 pages long). I finished it and liked the end a lot more than the first three quarters. But really must I be the reciepent of someone else's blah? It's a gift (for everyone but for authors too) to come to the point. Well, I survived. Maybe next time I don'tneed to read every book of a dragon series?

Allegiant by Veronica Roth

Don't get me wrong, Allegiant wasn't bad. It was an ordinary read. But that's like bad for Veronica Roth. Divergent and Insurgent were briallant, the world, the factions, the characters and their developement and also the writing style. So in this case ordinary is not enough.

Requiem by Lauren Oliver

The same goes for Requiem. I liked it, especially the open end and Lenas developement. But the story was slow pacing at times and I haven't had that feeling during Delirium and Requiem. They were both breathtaking and full of action but never leave the character changes aside. In Requiem I wasn't sure about that anymore. AlsoI didn't like needlessly dead persons. I won't name the character but, dear author, what was the point about it? So sorry, but I didn't get it.