Nia

Nia

~ Happy reading ~

Day 19 - Favourite book turned into a movie

The Lord of the Rings - J.R.R. Tolkien The Hunger Games  - Suzanne  Collins Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen

The Lord of the Rings by John R. R. Tolkien

Well done Mr. Jackson. I really love all three films although I'm not the battle field and slaughter kind of person. You could see during the movies the fascination and obsession PJ has had with the books, the whole middle earth theme and hobbits. I have some minor complaints. For example did I know Elijah Wood is capable of more than three facional expressions. Why couldn't he show them? Or why have they eliminated Glorfindel (he is just one among so many Elves in the films) and let Arwen do his actions. But hey, the books are about 1.200 pages long so some things have to be changed or shortened. I really love the extended version with all those interviews and insights into the making of.

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Of course I love the book more but I really like this film. Although my imagination is entirely diffrent I appreciate the futuristic style of the movie, the weird cloth they wear in the capitol (seems like a mixture from clockwork orange and the 1980ies to me^^) and the mostly great cast. I said mostly because I don't like Liam Hemsworth. But Gale is my least favourite character in the series so it fits in a way. Can't wait for Cating Fire to come. But I'm not sure about the last book. Two films? I don't know if that's such a good idea. We'll see.

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

Technically speaking it isn't a film but a  adaptation for tv. Yes, I'm speaking of the BBC version with Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle. I love it. It's so awesome to see the tension, the mocking and the growing feelings between those two. And it's a lovely costume drama too. I have only glimpsed in the version with Keira Knightly and didn't finish it. That could have been any historical film. The typical style of an Austen wasn't palpable. A shame.