Nia

Nia

~ Happy reading ~

Day 27 - Most surprising plot twist or ending

(Mockingjay) By Collins, Suzanne (Author) Hardcover on 24-Aug-2010 - Suzanne Collins Pandemonium  - Lauren Oliver The Mark of Athena - Rick Riordan

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

All three books contain so many little or big cliffhangers it's nearly impossible to put the books down once you've started. And there are a few twists at the end of Mockingjay so I sat there with open jaw during my first read not sure whether I should cry or laugh histerically or hide somewhere at a comfortable place. I think I have done one after the other including some swooning at the very end. Again and again it's a hell of a ride.

Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver

Wow, this end. One or two pages before it finally happens you get a warning but nonetheless it's like a big BANG. It's definitely the worst cliffhanger I've ever read. Think of someone pushing you into freezing cold water or smacking the air out of your lungs. After finishing Pandemonium you feel like that or worse.

The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan

Here you could find another really bad cliffhanger. And Mr. Riordan enjoyed it a lot as you might have seen at the beginning of The House of Hades in his dedication to the readers. Such a bad man but I love his books^^.