Nia

Nia

~ Happy reading ~

Reading progress update: I've read 266 out of 266 pages.

Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe - Benjamin Alire Sáenz

It wasn't all sunny. Not at all. It was a brilliant coming of age story of two boys. OMG these boys. They melted my heart. Sometimes Ari was a bit slow (everyone, reader included, knew what his problem was) but he was also a very smart young man. As you can see here:

"Everyone was always becoming someone else.

Sometimes, when you were older, you became someone younger. And me, I felt old. How can a guy who's about to turn seventeen feel old?"

At the end he got it. Thanks for that, dear author :D.

And Dante. I adored him as much as Ari did. He knew himself and what he wanted. I didn't meet many teenagers who were so sure about themselves during my own teenage years, but maybe the next generation will be different. Maybe the teenage friends of our daughter will be more like Dante. If so, it will be a pleasure to meet them.

One more quote, because Ari's and Dante's parents were some great side characters. This is about Ari's parents:

"My mother would listen sometimes as my father and I talked about B. But she would never say a word.

I loved her for her silence.

Or maybe I just understood it.

And loved my father too, for the careful way he spoke. I came to understand that my father was a careful man. To be careful with people and with words was a rare and beautiful thing."

I'm happy I read this book. And I'm going to read more books by Bejamin Alire Sáenz.