Nia

~ Happy reading ~

SPOILER ALERT!

Payoff ~ L.A. Witt and Aleksandr Voinov

Payoff - L.A. Witt, Aleksandr Voinov

Payoff is #6 in the Market Garden series and the 3rd with Jared, Tristan and 'Rolex', the John with the big gold watch.

In the first book (Quid pro Quo), told from Jared's POV, Rolex chose Jared and Tristan as rentboys for the frist time. Jared had had a crush for handsome and self confident Tristan since their first meeting and was really happy that Rolex ordered Tristan to fuck him properly. Rolex enjoyed the view, spent a lot of money and didn't participate so much.

Their first encounter worked quite well so Rolex came back for round two (Take it Off). Here we followed Tristan's POV. Jared and Tristan had started to work together and had became fuck buddies. Rolex ordered Jared to lap dance for Tristan and Tristan wasn't allowed to touch Jared. Jared had been a professional lap dancer who had done ballet before he started working at Market Garden so it was a hell of an experience for Tristan to watch but not to touch his friend. Tristan couldn't decipher his feelings for Jared, neither his jealousy nor his possessiveness towards him.

That's when Payoff starts. The story is told from Jared's and Tristan's POV. Tristan fell hard for Jared but didn't acknolwedge it to himself. Jared didn't understand Tristan's contraditory behaviour. When they were alone lately Tristan was kind and soft, when they were at Market Garden he withdrew completely from Jared. One evening, both have decided that they should talk about their relationship, Rolex walks into Market Garden and hires them for the night. But this time Rolex wants to participate in their little game and he chooses Jared to be fucked by him. And suddenly Tristan doesn't care about the money or the satisfaction of the John, he only cares about Jared...

I read Quid pro Quo, Take it Off and Payoff in one go. I didn't know what to expect from a series about a high priced gay brothel and it's rentboys. So I was taken aback by the pleasure and fun these series brought while reading. All the rentboys at Market Garden love their job. Maybe they get borred after some time with their Johns or they fell in love (nope, I haven't read #3 to #5 in the series but I've met most of the other characters in If it Drives, the #7 book of the series) but they have fun while selling their body for money. So, it was a soft entry into the world of gay whores (and totally different to Whatever the Cost by Lynn Kelling which I read in the same week).

The sex scenes were hot, vivid and they nearly burned my e-reader to ashes while reading. I would have loved to see the described scenes for real. All of them. I also loved that the characters seemed real considered the short time we meet them. Jared and Tristan were fun characters to read about and Rolex was mysterious in his own way (read One the Clock if you want to know what is going to happen to him).

There is only one thing I want to complain about. These guys wore leather all the time, very tight leather pants. Have you ever tried to strip out off tight leather without lining? It's nearly impossible to do it gracefully. Maybe I read over the lining or Jared and Tristan were some superheros when it came to clothes but they lost their pants to easily for my liking. Well, that's a minor thing in comparison to all the fun I gained out of this series so far. I'm looking forward to reading the skipped books, especially the one with Nick and Spencer. And I definitely am going to read some books by L. A. Witt and some by Aleksandr Voinov. I hope their solo books are as much fun as the ones in this series.

*** I received a free ARC from Riptide Publishing via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. ***