Nia

~ Happy reading ~

SPOILER ALERT!

The One ~ Kiera Cass

The One (Selection #3) - Kiera Cass

Yesterday evening I needed a distraction from Archer dealing with Viv's tormentors, so I started The One. What can I say.

I read it in one go which didn't take so much time because it's only around 200 pages long. I wanted to know what happend. Now, that I know, I feel disappointed. Nothing changed between America and Maxon, it was one step forward and two steps backwards. America finally admitted that she loves him (he loves her too) but they weren't able to set the record straight until the very end. All the side stories were kind of lame or seemed forced. For example the differences between the 'good' and the 'bad' revolutionizers, the problem with the king, the side story with Aspen, the dealing with the castes. It was nothing special at all. And although the MCs had to deal with more than one loss their grief felt muffled. This whole story could have been reduced to one big or two normal books. It wasn't necessary to publish three thin books. And although I have to admit all three cover look very nice, I want to complain that I'm a reader and not a cover collector. I want some unique and entertaining stories not a pretty packing.

All in all it wasn't a bad book but neither a good one.

I wanted to finish this series but I'm not planning to read more books by Kiera Cass. Sorry, but I didn't buy the story about blaming the manager for bad behaviour (for more information see the end of Wendy Darling's review).

Edit (29th of May 2014): I'm writing my German review at the moment and - as it's often my way after thinking about a story for some days/weeks - I have to rate this one down. I'm seriously pissed about the lack of plot. So, down it goes from 3 to 2 stars.